Sunday, November 13, 2011

[Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends] Re: Lunch for truck drivers

 

I am not diabetic, but I am low carbing. Regularly, I go board game playing
at events that span as many as 12 hour marathons, no breaks for eating. But
they all bring snacks to share. Potato chips, pretzels, crackers, cookies,
pastries, candy, sodas -- you get the idea!!

So I brainstormed what I could take for myself. Several water bottles of
water. Plus I made up two containers, one for wet, one for dry. I cubed
everything so it would be perfect size for just finger eating. Wet =
chicken cubed, cheeses, string cheese, boiled eggs. I was also thinking
about steak cubes, canned tuna or salmon chunks, sugar free jerky or smoked
salmon. Dry = nuts, pork rinds. For me, it all worked out great. I'm sure
before the next gaming day, I'll have more ideas.

Brenda

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___