Avocado Turkey Chili Stuffed Sweet Potatoes - 35g Carbs, 9g Fiber, 11g Sugar
Adding avocado to the filling makes for a nutrient-rich creaminess that complements the sweet and spicy baked potato.
Prep Time: 15 min // Cook Time: 60 min // Total Time: 75 min // Serves: 4
1 ripe Hass Avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and cubed
4 medium sweet potatoes
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup onion, diced
1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
3/4 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp salt
8 oz ground white meat turkey
1 (14 oz can) petite diced tomatoes in juice
1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese (optional)
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. With a fork, pierce sweet potatoes all over several times. Place on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil; bake until soft and fork tender, about 45 minutes.
3. Heat oil in a deep skillet over medium heat. Add onion and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, cumin, oregano and salt.
4. Add turkey; cook, stirring and breaking it up with a spoon, until no longer pink, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook 20 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and stir in avocado. Slice baked sweet potatoes lengthwise just until open. Fill with turkey mixture.
Serving Suggestions: Top with cheese, if desired.
Note: Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Nutrition per Serving: 319 Calories, 14g Total Fat, 2.5g Sat, 0g Trans, 1g Poly, 7g Mono, 32mg Cholesterol, 556mg Sodium, 732mg Potassium, 35g Total Carbs, 9g Dietary Fiber, 11g Sugars, 15g Protein -- Vitamin A 6340 IU - Vitamin C 40 mg - Calcium 37 mg - Iron 2 mg - Vitamin D 0 IU - Folate 46 mcg - Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0 g - Vitamin A 127% - Vitamin C 67% - Calcium 4% - Iron 11%
One serving=1 medium sweet potato
|Reply via web post||Reply to sender||Reply to group||Start a New Topic||Messages in this topic (1)|