Greek Chicken with Herbed Yogurt Sauce - 6g Carbs, 1g Fiber
From: Mediterranean Diet Recipes in 5 Steps or Less by Susan Levy with Bonus
Heart healthy and full flavored…it's Greek to you! Marinated for moistness, chicken breasts say "opaa" when sauced with tangy low-fat yogurt spiked with fresh herbs and the Vitamin C and Limonene of lemon juice and lemon peel.
1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
2 Tbsp finely grated lemon peel
1 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp oregano and parsley, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground pepper
1 lb chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
1. Combine the yogurt, lemon peel and juice, oregano, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper.
2. Put the chicken into a dish and spread about ¼ cup of the yogurt sauce over the chicken. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate several hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate the remaining yogurt sauce.
3. Place the chicken on a rack in a baking pan and bake in a preheated 375 degree F oven for 30 minutes.
4. Turn the oven on to broil and continue cooking about 5 minutes, until the chicken is browned and cooked through. (Adjust the rack higher if necessary)
5. Spoon the remaining yogurt sauce over the chicken and serve with veggie confetti salad.
Nutrition per Serving: 175 Calories, 3g Fat, 1g Sat Fat, 1g Mono Fat, 72mg Cholesterol, 30g Protein, 6g Carbs, 1g Fiber, 268mg Sodium
THE SEASONED COOK This chicken can accompany a variety of salads, including tabouli.
Posted by: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|