Saturday, November 19, 2011

[Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends] Truckers Diet

 


As I'm x trucker I too remember how hard it was to find foods I could eat. Driving 10 to 11 hrs a day it was also hard to find time to get time for just walking to help burn carbs. I only got home every two weeks lol my own fault loved driving to much. I got me a cooler that keeps things cold or hot by plugging into lighter.
The food I choose to bring with me was Baked Chips of any kind I could find. Tuna in a bag packed in water so it keeps longer with ww crackers. I baked cup cakes that was low in fat and carbs then packed each one in it's own bag, You can make what I called road kill by taking baked chicken deboning it. Add relish which I made with pickels and home made mayo. You can do that with any meat you like. Freeze it and it will keep for about 4 to 5 days in cooler. I will have to find my old road log of things to take on the road, It's 18 years of what I learned that would keep and what would not keep on the road. What was easy to make and what wasn't.
Now about walking when you stop for the night take time to walk around the area you are in, If you learn to enjoy what is around you it will relax you more than you would beleive. Good luck and stay safe out there.
Mama Hen aka Pat

Hello-

I drive a truck about 9-10 hours a day, and I am Type II diabetic.
Does anyone have ideas for something quick and easy to prepare, and
portable, i.e. lunchbox-type sandwiches, wraps, etc. that I can consume
while driving, or making a quick stop? Wheat-bread peanut butter and
sugar-free jelly sandwiches are getting old...

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___