Tomato Stuffed with Dill Salmon Salad - 6g Carbs, 6g Fiber, 9g Sugars
This Mediterranean, Simple Cooking with Heart recipe is protein packed and makes for a speedy, healthy lunch. For a fun appetizer, consider using smaller tomatoes. You can also serve this over finely chopped green cabbage or mixed salad greens. You can also enjoy this in a sandwich or wrap. You can also add one sliced medium avocado to the sliced cucumbers around the salmon salad.
4 large tomatoes, (3-4 inches in size), left whole
14.75 oz. canned, low-sodium salmon, packed in water, drained OR
5 2.6 oz. low-sodium pouches salmon, packed in water, drained
2 stalk celery, sliced crosswise into quarter-inch pieces
3 green onions, sliced into quarter-inch rounds OR
1/2 small red onion, about 1/2 cup, chopped
2 Tbsp. dried mayonnaise
1/4 cup plain, low-fat yogurt
Juice of ½ lemon, about 2 Tablespoons
3/4 tsp. dried dill
1 head romaine or other lettuce, separated into leaves, washed
1 large cucumber, peeled and cut into quarter-inch rounds
1. Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato and scoop out the inside pulp and seeds. Chop the scooped pulp and seeds finely and put in a bowl.
2. Put drained salmon into a bowl and using a fork break up the fish into half-inch chunks.
3. Add the celery and onions and toss to combine.
4. Add the chopped tomato pulp and seeds to the salmon salad.
5. In a cup combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon juice and dill.
6. Add to the salmon salad and toss to coat.
7. To assemble each serving, place 2-3 leaves of the washed and separated lettuce on plates.
8. Scoop the salmon salad into the hollowed tomatoes and place over the lettuce leaves.
9. Arrange the sliced cucumbers by the salmon salad and serve.
Cooking Tips: You can use any water-packed type of salmon as well as tuna. This salad will keep in the refrigerator for a day or two.
Nutrition per Serving: 231 Calories, 7.1g Total Fat, 1.9g Saturated Fat, 0g Trans Fat, 2g Polyunsaturated Fat, 2.1g Monounsaturated Fat, 43mg Cholesterol, 189mg Sodium, 16g Carbs, 6g Fiber, 9g Sugars, 27g Protein
Dietary Exchanges: 3 vegetables, 3 lean meats
Posted by: email@example.com
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|