Easter Roasted Herbed Brittany Chicken - 6.6g Carbs, 1.3g Fiber
From: Low Carb Magazine April 2015
Chicken has long been the staple of many french communities and when they left to go to other countries they took their recipes with and you'll find variations of this in many parts of the world. But this is the best one we've tasted and it's even better when you use the fresh herbs. In fact it's so nice you'll be singing "Oops, I did it again" because this is one recipe you'll want to come back to.
1 (4-lb) whole chicken
2 fresh lemongrass stalks, tender inner white bulbs only, minced
10 Whole shallots peeled
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp dried rosemary
1/2 tsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp dried sage
1 tsp salt
3/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
1. In a medium bowl, mix all herb rub ingredients. Set aside.
2. Clean and rinse chicken and pat to dry. Using your fingers, gently loosen and lift the skin from breast and drumsticks area being careful not to totally detach the skin.
3. Rub the herb mixture evenly underneath the skin (carefully replace after) and inside the chicken's cavity.
4. Rub remaining herb mixture into entire chicken.
5. Put lemongrass and shallots inside the chicken's cavity.
6. Lightly grease a shallow roasting pan and place chicken, breast side up. Cover pan loosely with aluminum foil and bake at 450° for 30
minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F, and bake 45 minutes more. Remove from oven and let chicken stand, covered for 10 minutes before slicing.
Serve with salad on the side.
If you want to use fresh instead of dried herbs then here's what you need.
2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
2 tsp chopped fresh parsley
1 tsp chopped fresh sage
Number of Portions: 4 for Main Course
Nutrition per Serving: 661 Calories, 46.5g Fat, 51.2g Protein, 6.6g Carbs, 1.3g Fiber
Posted by: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|