Sweet Potato and Lentil Soup - 23g Carbs, 9g Fiber, 1g Sugar
From: Stephenson, Martha. My Vegetarian Recipes Collection: The Cookbook that Guides You to a Healthy Diet (Kindle Locations 420-431). Kindle Edition.
This soup has only 3 main Ingredients, which are in a very good balance. Adding a few spices and flavors make it a tasty and appetizing dish to enjoy.
Preparation time: 1 hour
2 medium sweet potatoes, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
1 cup brown lentils
1 cup spinach or kale, cut into bite size
7 cups vegetable stock
2 Tbsp oil
1 onion, diced
2 tomatoes, diced
1 tsp ginger, minced
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp coriander
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1. Heat the oil in a large pot and saute the onion for about 3-4 minutes, until soft.
2. Add tomatoes and ginger and cook for 2 more minutes.
3. Add the spices and continue cooking for one minute, stirring well.
4. Rinse the lentils and add them to the pan together with the sweet potato and vegetable stock.
5. Reduce the heat and cover, letting it simmer for 30 minutes.
6. Stir in the greens and let it simmer for another another 10 minutes.
Serving Size: 116
Nutrition per Serving: 237 Calories, 125 From Fat, 14.1g Total Fat, 2g Saturated Fat, 0g Trans Fat, 0mg Cholesterol, 2mg Sodium, 23g Total Carbs, 9g Fiber, 1g Sugar, 7g Protein
Calcium: 7%, Iron: 12%, Vitamin A: 13%, Vitamin C: 38%
Posted by: email@example.com
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|