Chicken Kale and Leek Soup - 12g Carbs, 1.5g Fiber, 1g Sugars
From: Paleo Beginner's Guide PDF
This soup is a great way to get your fill of kale, and lightened-up chicken meatballs and leeks add a savory element.
1 lb ground chicken
1 egg, beaten
2 Tbsp flat leaf parsley, minced
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 leek, while and light green parts only, chopped
6 cups chicken broth OR boxed no salt added chicken broth
4 cups kale leaves, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Combine the chicken, egg, parsley, salt, and pepper.
3. Roll the mixture into bite-size (3/4-inch) balls and place them on a greased baking sheet. Bake the meatballs for 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the leek and sauté for 5 minutes.
5. Add the broth and bring it to a boil. Stir in the kale, turn down the heat, and simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Stir in the cooked meatballs and simmer for another 5 minutes before serving the soup
Nutrition From: www.caloriecount.about.com
Serving Size: 584 g
Nutrition per Serving: 362 Calories, 149 Calories from Fat, 16.6g Total Fat, 3.7g Saturated Fat, 0g Trans Fat, 142mg Cholesterol, 487mg Sodium, 673mg Potassium, 12g Total Carbs, 1.5g Dietary Fiber, 1g Sugars, 39.6g Protein
Vitamin A 219% - Vitamin C 143% - Calcium 13% - Iron 21%
Nutrition Grade: A-
Very low in sugar
High in niacin
High in selenium
Very high in vitamin A
High in vitamin B6
Very high in vitamin C
Posted by: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|