Chicken "Noodle" Soup - 12.9g Carbs, 1.2g Fiber, 1.8g Sugar
From: Paleo Beginner's Guide PDF
Just like the "real" thing but better for you, this comforting soup will warm your
body and soul.
1 Small Spaghetti Squash (About 1 lb)
4 cups no salt added chicken broth
2 carrots, slim, very thinly sliced
2 cups chopped cooked chicken, (leftovers or rotisserie)
3 cups packed chopped kale, spinach or Swiss chard leaves
1. Prick the squash all over with a small sharp knife. Place the squash on a paper towel in a microwave oven. Cook on high for 4 minutes.
2. Turn the squash over and continue to cook it until the squash gives when pressed gently, 4 to 5 minutes longer.
3. Allow the squash to cool for 5 minutes. While the squash is still hot, cut off and discard the stem.
4. Carefully halve the squash lengthwise (it will emit steam) and discard the seeds. Working over a bowl, scrape out the squash flesh with a fork, loosening and separating the strands.
5. Combine the broth and carrots in a large saucepan, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Stir in the chicken and kale and simmer for 5 minutes.
7. Stir in 2 cups of the squash strands, reserving the remaining strands for another use.
8. Serve the soup hot.
Nutrition From: www.caloriecount.about.com
Serving Size: 481 g
Nutrition per Serving: 174 Calories, 26 Calories from Fat, 2.8g Total Fat, 0.7g Saturated Fat, 0g Trans Fat, 54mg Cholesterol, 212mg Sodium, 453mg Potassium, 12.9g Total Carbs, 1.2g Dietary Fiber, 1.8g Sugars, 23.7g Protein
Vitamin A 136% - Vitamin C 20% - Calcium 6% - Iron 11%
Nutrition Grade: A
Low in saturated fat
Very high in niacin
High in selenium
Very high in vitamin A
High in vitamin B6
High in vitamin C
Posted by: email@example.com
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|