Monday, October 29, 2012

[Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends] 3 Bean Hummus - 15g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber

 

See my notes at the bottom.
                     
* Exported from MasterCook *
                              3 Bean Hummus
Recipe By     :Nadia Christina
Serving Size  : 8     Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Condiment                       LowCal (Less than 300 cals)
                LowerCarbs                      Vegan
  Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation Method
--------  ------------  --------------------------------
     1/3           cup  chickpeas
     1/3           cup  pinto beans
     1/3           cup  dark red kidney beans
  1         tablespoon  minced garlic
  1                     zucchini -- sliced
  1            handful  sun-dried tomatoes
     1/3           cup  tahini
     1/3           cup  olive oil
                        To serve: -- Several whole wheat or soy pitas
Disturbingly simple: Throw all of the ingredients in a food processor or
blender. - Pulse until smooth.
Empty hummus into a nice-looking bowl, scraping down the sides of the
blender, if necessary Drip a little olive oil onto it and add a several
sprigs of parsely and some chopped tomatoes if you have them, for garnish.
Serve with warmed pita
Serves 4 - 6
AuthorNote: All of my friends eat everything, and are always skeptical of
my vegan diet - however, they also know that I am a badass in the kitech.
So when I had some people over for a feast, I described it as a Lebanese
feast (my family is from Lebanon and the regional cuisine is very
vegan-friends. Save all the lamb, of course).
Anyway, while I was preparing the food, my friends were antsy and hungry,
so I had to think in a hurry. I decided to throw some hummus together with
some ingredients I had in the fridge and it turned out to me incredible!
Now my friends come over all the time, and I make big portions of this
hummus to munch on all week.
 
ChupaNote: cut the oil to 3 Tablespoon, and add 2 Tablespoons fresh
squeeze lemon juice, and 1 teaspooon ground Aleppo red pepper.
Cuisine:
  "Mediterranean"
Source:
  "PostPunk Kitchen"
S(Formatted by Chupa Babi):
  "Oct 2012"
Yield:
  "2 cups"
                                    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 212 Calories; 15g Fat (61.5%
calories from fat); 6g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 0mg
Cholesterol; 21mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 0
Vegetable; 3 Fat.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 3816 0 0 0 0 0 0

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___