Brazilian Grilled Flank Steak - 4.1g Carbs, 0.6g Fiber, 0.8g Sugar
From: mymansbelly.com - Author: Pamela Braun
Fire up the grill! This tangy and spicy Brazilian flank steak marinade will have your senses singing. Grilled flank steak means dinner is quick and tasty.
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 5 min
Total time: 20 min
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
4 garlic cloves, grated or finely minced
1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
Handful cilantro, leaves finely chopped
1 serrano chile, finely minced
1/3 cup Lime Juice
1/2 cup Olive Oil
2 lb Flank Steak
1. Place all ingredients, except for flank steak, into large zip top bag. Blend the ingredients well. Add the flank steak to the mixture. Seal the top of the bag while removing as much air as possible. Work the marinade around, on the meat, to make sure that all surfaces are covered. Slide the marinating steak into the refrigerator and let sit overnight.
2. Pre-heat grill to highest temperature.
3. Remove steak from marinade and cook for 2 minutes on one side and 1½ minutes on the other (check to make sure meat is done to your likeness before taking it off the grill - you may need to cook it a couple of minutes longer).
4. Let the meat rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
5. Serve topped with extra marinade* or as is.
Notes: *You really shouldn't use the marinade that the raw meat was sitting in to drizzle over the cooked meat. You should make up more marinade (so that you have fresh to drizzle over cooked steak). If you double the original marinade recipe, double all ingredients except for the garlic.
Nutrition From: www.caloriecount.about.com
Serving Size: 291 g
Nutrition per Serving: 673 Calories, 398 Calories from Fat, 44.3g Total Fat, 11.4g Saturated Fat, 125mg Cholesterol, 421mg Sodium, 839mg Potassium, 4.1g Total Carbs, 0.6g Dietary Fiber, 0.8g Sugars, 63.6g Protein
Vitamin A 2% - Vitamin C 15% - Calcium 5% - Iron 26%
Nutrition Grade: B-
Very low in sugar
High in niacin
High in selenium
High in vitamin B6
High in zinc
Posted by: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|