Broiled Salmon and Asparagus with Crème Fraîche - 7.7g Carbs, 2.7g Fiber
From: www.myrecipes.com - Sheet Pan Suppers (Workman, 2014), Sunset June 2015
This technique cooks salmon perfectly every time. The sauce is flavorful and rich, but not heavy--just right for a weeknight.
Total time: 30 min
Total Time: 30 min
2 bunches asparagus (about 2 lb total)
3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
About 3/4 tsp kosher salt, divided
About 1/2 tsp pepper, divided
4 skinned salmon fillets (5 to 6 oz each)
1/2 cup crème fraîche
1 Tbsp each whole-grain mustard and chopped fresh chives
1. Preheat broiler with oven rack about 4 in. from heat.
2. Snap off bottom of an asparagus spear to see where it breaks easily. Line up remaining spears and slice off bottoms at the same spot. Put trimmed asparagus on a 12- by 17-in. rimmed baking sheet, sprinkle with oil and 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Arrange asparagus in a single layer on baking sheet.
3. Season salmon with remaining 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper, then set on top of asparagus in a single layer.
4. Broil salmon and asparagus until salmon is no longer translucent but still moist in center and asparagus is browned in spots, 8 to 12 minutes. If asparagus isn't done, lift salmon to a platter and return asparagus to oven for a few more minutes.
5. Meanwhile, whisk together crème fraîche, mustard, chives, and salt and pepper to taste in a small bowl.
6. Serve salmon and asparagus with crème fraîche sauce.
Nutrition per Serving: 488 Calories, 60% Calories from fat, 33g Fat, 10g Sat Fat, 124mg Cholesterol, 39g Protein, 7.7g Carbs, 2.7g Fiber, 395mg Sodium
Posted by: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|