Roasted Garlic And Asparagus Soup - 1g Carbs, 1g Fiber
Deliciously creamy, yet healthy and easy to make soup with roasted garlic and asparagus.
This soup can be made one day ahead. Once prepared, let cool; cover and refrigerate. Rewarm before serving.
Prep Time: 5 min // Cook Time: 20 min // Total Time: 25 min // Serves: 2 cups
Cuisine: American | Recipe Type: Soup
2 lbs Asparagus
10 Garlic Cloves (smashed)
Salt, to taste
Fresh Ground Pepper, to taste
3 cups 2% Milk
1 cup Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
Cracked Pepper, to taste
Chopped Parsley (for garnish)
1. Preheat oven to 450F.
2. Line a baking sheet with foil and set aside.
3. Toss asparagus and garlic with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
4. Arrange asparagus on prepared baking sheet in one layer.
5. Roast for 12 minutes, or until asparagus is soft, stirring once.
6. Remove from oven and transfer asparagus and garlic to a blender.
7. Add broth and milk.
8. Blend until smooth. Depending on how large your blender is, you might have to do this part in batches. Transfer soup to a soup pot.
9. Warm soup over medium-high heat, thinning with more broth by 1/4 cupfuls, if desired.
10 Season with salt and pepper. Continue to taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly.
12. Ladle into bowls. Garnish with parsley and serve.
Nutrition per Serving: 28 Calories, 0g Fat, 0mg Cholesterol, 62mg Sodium, 1g Protein,
32mg Potassium, 47mg Phosphorus, 4mg Calcium, 1g Carbs, 1g Fiber
Posted by: email@example.com
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|