Thursday, October 6, 2011

[Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends] Re: Beef stew

 

The corn, peas, amd potato are all high in carbs but you can still have them just reduce the amounts you use. You can add carrots, onions, tomatoes, mushrooms, bell peppers, cabbage, celery, I've even added zucchini and made a really good tasting stew. Think low starch veggies.

If you use any thickener like lfour or cornstarch leave it out and let the stew simmer uncoverd to reduce liquid and thicken the stew.

You can also check the achieves for this group for recipes. This is the link to the stew recipes http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends/files/Stews%20/
You may get some more ideas from them.

Ema

--- In Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends@yahoogroups.com, "Dolores" <djdesi98@...> wrote:
>
> Last winter, I made a large pot of beef stew the way I always made it. Beef cubes, corn, potatoes, peas, and green beans. I didn't need to measure my BG to know I made a mistake. Now that it is cooler, I would like to make beef stew and wonder what veggies I can use that are good for Diabetes and will not irritate my GI problems. I can't use beans, or other gassy veggies. Any suggestions.
>
> dolores
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___