Thursday, January 12, 2017

Re: [Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends] Two Updates

 

Try the following which I found by Googling the phrase "calculate nutrition".

http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/calculate-nutrition-meals-made-scratch-1264.html
http://www.thekitchn.com/how-can-home-cooks-calculate-n-91782
and there are more to check out.

BTW, check out Eat to Live by https://www.drfuhrman.com. I've just finished the book and plan on starting this high fiber diet in March. I retire the end of Feb and will have time to start cooking. In the book there is good explanation on how the high fiber content slows the body converting the carbs into sugars. Lots of good tips for diabetics. Naturally, he does promote exercise as well, but acknowledges that not everyone can do that. My own issues mean the only excercize I get is the rare occasion I can get to the pool. And most "diets" are NOT really made for diabetics. Dr Fuhrman's recipes look good, even though giving up some things (especially milk) will be hard to do.

Kathryn

--- Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends@yahoogroups.com wrote:

From: "chefgloria1030@yahoo.com [Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends]" <Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends@yahoogroups.com>
To: <Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends] Two Updates
Date: 12 Jan 2017 14:14:35 -0800

1. My health problems have gradually made it difficult to do much. I try to post as I can. I do appreciate those who still post recipes! Thank You!

2. The site: caloriecount.about.com is changing and I will no longer be able to use it as I have to calculate nutrition. I am trying to find another site to do the nutrition information for recipes that have none.

I will post as I can...

Take care of yourselves!!
Gloria


__._,_.___

Posted by: "Kathryn Bassett" <kathryn@bassett.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___