Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie - 23.9g Carbs, 5g Fiber, 3.3g Sugar
Recipe By: Sophia Bush
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and quartered (2 cups used for Nutrition!)
1/2 can organic coconut milk
Freshly ground black pepper
3 Tbsp ghee OR clarified butter, divided
2 cups brussels sprouts, ends removed, chopped
2 cups organic carrots, peeled and sliced
2 cups celery, sliced
1 sweet yellow onion, diced
1 lb ground lamb
1 Tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
1 Tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Boil the sweet potatoes until fork tender. Drain and transfer to a blender.
3. Add the coconut milk and salt to taste. Blend until mixture is smooth.
4. Heat a large skillet and add 2 tablespoons ghee. Add the brussels sprouts and carrots with a tablespoon of water to steam the vegetables.
5. When the brussels sprouts and carrots start to soften, add the celery and onion. Season with salt and pepper and sauté 2-3 minutes. Add oregano and thyme and stir. Remove the vegetables from the pan and set aside. Heat one tablespoon of the ghee and add the lamb. Stirring occasionally, heat until lamb is cooked through. Drain excess moisture.
6. Add the meat and vegetable mixture to a casserole dish in an even layer. Cover with the sweet potato puree.
7. Bake 30-40 minutes.
Nutrition From: www.caloriecount.about.com
Serving Size: 205 g (about 7.23 oz)
Nutrition per Serving: 267 Calories, 115 Calories from Fat, 12.8g Total Fat, 8.5g Saturated Fat, 0g Trans Fat, 50mg Cholesterol, 104mg Sodium, 923mg Potassium, 23.9g Total Carbs, 5g Dietary Fiber, 3.3g Sugars, 15.4g Protein
Vitamin A 83% - Vitamin C 48% - Calcium 6% - Iron 15%
Nutrition Grade: A-
Low in sodium
High in selenium
Very high in vitamin A
High in vitamin C
Posted by: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|