Beef Wrapped Asparagus - 4.40g Carbs, 2.38g Fiber
Andrew Dole, RDN, CEC
1 lb Beef Flank Steak, Raw
1 lb Asparagus, Raw, Medium
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 tsp Coarse Kosher Salt
1.2 tsp Black Pepper
1. Wrap flank in parchment or plastic wrap. Place on sheet tray and freeze for 1-2 hours until firm but flexible.
2. Blanch trimmed asparagus for 3-5 minutes until exterior is tender when squeezed but firm inside.
3. Remove asparagus and immediately submerge in ice water bath until completely chilled.
4. Drain asparagus and pat dry. Reserve chilled.
5. Thinly slice flank against the grain on a steep bias for wide, flat, thin slices. Salt and Pepper lightly. Reserve chilled.
1. Starting on cut end of asparagus: roll up 3-4 asparagus spears with 1 beef slice, pulling snug as beef winds its way from stem to spear.
2. Continue with remaining slice and asparagus.
3. Lightly oil and season with salt and pepper again.
4. Grill for 2-4 minutes each side, depending on desired temperature. Note: Asparagus is cooked and meat is thin, this will cook quickly.
Garnish with favorite chopped herbs and drizzle of olive oil.
Serve with flatbreads, rice, roasted potatoes or a green garden salad.
Nutrition per Serving: 239.79 Calories, 13.04g Total Fat, 4.45g Sat Fat, 77.11mg Cholesterol, 183.50mg Sodium, 26.56g Protein, 4.40g Carbs, 2.38g Fiber
Posted by: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|