Bacon Egg and Cheese Muffins - 3g Carbs, 1g Fiber, 1g Sugar
From: www.diabetesdaily.com - Recipe from: Kathryn Anible's, Baking For The Specific Carbohydrate Diet (TM): 100 Grain-free, Sugar-free, Gluten Free Recipes. (p.45)
This is the all American breakfast in miniature.
Cook Time: 20-22 min
Course: Main Dish
Cuisine: Low Carb
Carbs Per Serving: 3g
1/2 cup almond flour, blanched
1 tablespoon Shredded Cheddar, for the base mixture
1/4 cup Shredded Cheddar
1 tsp butter, unsalted
3-6 slices bacon, sugar-free
6 medium eggs
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepare a muffin pan by spraying the cups with vegetable oil.
2. Mix together the flour, 1 tablespoon of the cheese, and the butter.
3. Divide the mixture among six muffin cups, pressing about 1 heaping tablespoon into the bottom of each cup.
4. Line the sides of the cups with a single layer of bacon, cutting the bacon if it is too long.
5. Break 1 egg into each cup. If you prefer the eggs scrambled, beat them individually before adding them to the muffin cups.
6. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
7. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, or just until the eggs are set. Serve hot.
8. Store remaining muffins covered in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Recipe Notes: Want a super-simple breakfast that is fun to eat? This is the all-American breakfast in miniature. You can assemble these muffins the night before and bake them in the morning, or make them ahead of time and reheat them in the oven. Either way, they are a great grab-and-go breakfast option. You can use other hard cheeses besides cheddar, as long as they are SCD legal. This recipe calls for medium eggs, since large eggs overflow in standard muffin cups. If you have larger muffin cups, go ahead and use large eggs.
Nutrition per Serving: 175 Calories, 126 Calories from Fat, 14g Total Fat, 4g Saturated Fat, 1g Polyunsaturated Fat, 3g Monounsaturated Fat, 157mg Cholesterol, 269mg Sodium, 95mg Potassium, 3g Total Carbs, 1g Dietary Fiber, 1g Sugars, 11g Protein - Vitamin A 5% - Calcium 8% - Iron 6%
Posted by: email@example.com
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|