Almond Flour Waffles - 10.2g Carbs, 2.1g Fiber, 6.7g Sugar
From: Kerwien, Erica (2013-04-22). Cooking for the Specific Carbohydrate Diet: Over 100 Easy, Healthy, and Delicious Recipes that are Sugar-Free, Gluten-Free, and Grain-Free (Kindle Locations 1806-1813). Ulysses Press. Kindle Edition.
I have fond memories of meeting my grandmother on Manhattan's Upper East Side for the best Belgian waffles in town. The narrow, hole-in-the-wall diner had the most enormous waffle makers I had ever seen.
The size of your waffles will depend on your waffle iron, too, and there are many to choose from. My latest model has a nonstick surface, but if you're not into that, there are waffle makers that have cast-iron surfaces. While I don't need to grease mine, I usually give it a quick rub of butter or oil before I begin. It's also a good idea to fully warm up the iron to ensure that the first waffle is just as good as the next. To crisp your cooked waffles, place them in a dehydrator or oven at 150 ° F/ 65 ° C for up to 30 minutes.
1 cup blanched almond flour (or other nut flour)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp honey
1. Preheat your waffle iron on a medium setting. Grease as needed, or according to the manufacturer's directions.
2. Place the almond flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon (if using) in a mixing bowl. Blend together using a whisk.
3. Add the eggs, vanilla, and honey and whisk until well blended.
4. Pour about 1/ 4 cup batter into the heated waffle maker (more or less, depending on your waffle iron) and close the lid.
5. When the waffle is ready, transfer it to a plate and add your favorite topping. Seal and store any extra waffles in the refrigerator for a few days, or freeze them for up to a month or so.
Makes: 6 to 8 waffles, depending on your waffle maker
Serving Size: 56 g
Nutrition per Serving: 172 Calories, 110 Calories from Fat, 12.3g Total Fat, 1.6g Saturated Fat, 0g Trans Fat, 109mg Cholesterol, 197mg Sodium, 44mg Potassium, 10.2g Total Carbs, 2.1g Dietary Fiber, 6.7g Sugars, 5g Protein
Vitamin A 3% - Calcium 6% - Iron 7%
Posted by: email@example.com
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|