Friday, September 16, 2011

[Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends] Re: Mint for Winter Use

 

I do that with a lot of herbs - basil, oregano, thyme, sage. I chop them in a food processor with some olive oil, then freeze them in ice cube trays. After they are frozen, I wrap each cube in plastic wrap and put them in bags in the freezer. Just take a cube out and defrost when needed.

Water infusing might work also.

Ron

--- In Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends@yahoogroups.com, ColorMyPony@... wrote:
>
>
> Do you all bring mint in for the winter?
>
> Do you dry it or do you water infuse it and freeze in cubes, or what?
>
> I'm diabetic so no more mint syrups. But I'm debating water infused for
> using in hot choc or such. I've been about to cut a huge bunch and bring it in
> to air dry like I do catnip and then store (in glass) but wondered if
> there's a better way I've not tried or thought of.
>
>
> ~ Shar ~
> Thought Provoking Quote!
> The hardest task facing kids today is ...
> to learn good manners without actually seeing any.
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


A bad score is 596. A good idea is checking yours at freecreditscore.com.
.

__,_._,___