Friday, September 14, 2012

[Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends] A very special Thank You!! From a sad but grateful Mom!!

 

I need to say thank you to each and every one who send a note, email, etc from this group. It has been such a comfort.

Jeremy loved feeding seagulls here along the bayfront. We have a video that Jeremy took on one of the trips he made with his brother while they feed the seagulls.

The priest who did the service is also the one who was there for my parents when they were sick and did their services. Actually we had two Father Joseph's at the mass.

I did mention some of the things I received in notes. This is the ending to what I wrote for Jeremy and read at the end of the mass:

"Jeremy has and continues to have people from all parts of the world praying for him... family, friends, and strangers… all from different religions... from different states in this country (USA), from England, Australia, Iraq, India and a wonderful lady who is taking names I gave her to put in the Wailing Wall in Jerusalem... also one who said he would pray to his god Allah... even one person who said they did not pray but said they would for Jeremy.

It is one world... so love each other with an open heart, forgive everything, and remember what you do today will be the memory you have tomorrow of your loved ones."

He told his Dad he wanted to be near the water. So, he got his wish. He is buried where the bay can be seen from he is now.

This is the intro to the post I put on my Facebook:
I am copying and sharing my son Brian's Facebook posting -- It most definitely shares my feeling too.... there are no words to express how much each and every person who helped, sent a note, email... gave a hug... we have heard about some people who are donating to the Cancer Society in Jeremy Gabrysch's name... and this is awesome to me... I do not know if I will ever find out who everyone is who has donated but thank you so very much!! Any cash given to us... is also going to the same use.... all in Jeremy's name! Thank you seems so inadequate... but anyway... Thank you to every single person from a very grateful Mother.... It means a great deal!

This is from my son Brian's post:
Today we said our final goodbyes to my best friend and brother Jeremy. The services from the visitation, the rosary, and the funeral were all very beautiful. The support over the course of the last year while Jeremy fought his battle has been tremendous but the final few days as his time came was nothing short of amazing. The phone calls, the texts, Facebook posts, and something as trivial as click
king "like" on a comment played such a huge role. If i could personally shake each one of your hands, hug you, or call you I would. The road to recovery starts now and I know with time my mom, dad, and myself will learn to cope with this loss. I also hope that each and every one of you use this to reevaluate your own lives and the way you live. So from the absolute bottom of my heart THANK YOU!!!

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___