Friday, September 14, 2012

[Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends] Re: Update on My Son's Cancer -- Sad News

 

May Jeremy rest in peace
Tami from Israel

-------Original Message-------

From: Andronic Lenuta
Date: 10/09/2012 16:18:58
To: Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends] Re: Update on My Son's
Cancer -- Sad News

I am sorry for Jeremy. He is so young.
Prayers from Romania.

--- On Mon, 9/10/12, chefgloria1030 <chefgloria1030@yahoo.com> wrote:


From: chefgloria1030 <chefgloria1030@yahoo.com>
Subject: [Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends] Re: Update on My Son's
Cancer -- Sad News
To: Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, September 10, 2012, 4:25 PM







Jeremy's Dad came the evening of Sept. 7, 2012 to where Jeremy was. We were
called to the hospital at 11:45 on Sept. 8. My other son, Brian, got to the
hospital around 3 a.m. They had moved Jeremy from his room at the oncology
floor to the ICU. They had to put him on oxygen. Mike took me even though he
had knee surgery. He has been doing well on his knee surgery recovery. He
sees the doctor today.

We were there until 5 a.m. and while there they moved Jeremy back to the
oncology floor. We came home to take meds, I had to eat so I could take mine
and we tried to rest a bit. Then went back to the hospital around 9 am and
stayed until 5 p.m. Mike and I had to leave. We both had prescriptions to
pick up and that pharmacy closes at 6 on Sunday. Mike suggested we pick up a
turkey from the deli and some frozen veggies to microwave. That was our meal
and both of us were exhausted. Everyone had not slept and most of us could
not. Jeremy's Dad had been up for about 36 hours at this point.

Jeremy is not expected to live. He is only 30.

We had a priest come to give him last rites and agreed with the doctors to
make him as comfortable as possible until he passes into Heaven with all the
other loved ones like both my parents and Jeremy's Dad's parents. (BTW all 4
of Jeremy's Grandparents had cancer, 3 died from it).

We have been back and forth going there. Both of my sisters came on Sunday
afternoon while we were there to see him.

While there on Sunday, Mike took me (I have to be pushed in a wheel chair
since I do not walk well) for some lunch. He happened to pick a table with a
mural on the wall made of small tiles. I was sitting there across from Jesus
When we left that evening the local Bishop was going into as we were going
out of the hospital. I spoke to him and he said a prayer for Jeremy! So many
people have been praying for Jeremy is is wonderful. I also had someone
kindly offer to go put the names I mentioned into the Wailing Wall this week
She has been wonderful. I also had some one tell me they are going to pray
to their God Allah... We really are one world.

Again, thank you so very much for letting me vent a bit here and for such
kindness.

Gloria

--->> If you feel an need to reply please send it to my email at:
chefgloria1030@yahoo.com
All replies are read and saved! Much appreciated!

--- In Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends@yahoogroups.com, "chefgloria1030
<chefgloria1030@...> wrote:
>
> I thought I should update everyone who might still want to know... My son,
Jeremy, is still fighting his cancer. If you do not recall, he was diagnosed
with Metastatic Testicular Cancer.. which went to his lungs. It has been
very difficult to watch him go through this. The time before last when he
was in the hospital while a nurse was in his room he had his first seizure.
He was transferred to ICU. After being released he had to have radiation
therapy on his head for a spot that no one knew was there as well as
beginning very expensive anti-seizure medication. He had been having trouble
with his hands, now we know why.
>
> He has been very weak at home since the last time coming home from the
hospital. With my limits it has been very busy, trying and worrisome to help
him since I am no nurse and do not know all to do for him.
>
> Mike had to have knee surgery, so with the three of us it has been a very
difficult time. My sister came Tuesday (she had been fighting her cancer
since before our parents both died from cancer). She had to push Jeremy in
the wheel chair both our parents used when they were sick. Mike drove.
Jeremy had to get his meds, do lab and get and MRI.
>
> Jeremy has been so weak it is hard to describe how this is. He fell in his
room during the night but at least fell onto his bed so he did not hurt
himself more. Our set of 4 cordless phones have intercoms on them so I take
one with me at night and Jeremy pages me if he needs something. So, I am up
a lot at night too.
>
> He had an appointment with his oncologist yesterday, Wednesday. I sent a
letter with him and the volunteer to give the dr so she will know what has
been going on here at home since his last hospital stay. She admitted him to
the hospital same day. The volunteer could not take him to be admitted. So
with help from the staff at the oncologist office to load him in from the
wheel chair Mike picked him up to go to the ER. We were told they would come
out to get him with a wheel chair, but they did not know about it. Long
story shortened a bit. The security guard is the one who ended up taking him
in. He even offered to get a chair to push Mike in. Mike told him no thank
you since he had to get home to check on me. See the temperatures were
hovering around 100 and over here yesterday and our power went out and was
out for 5 hours during the hottest part of the day.
>
> So, now we wait to see what can be done to help Jeremy this time. They did
say they would do a blood transfusion again.
>
> I just wanted to update everyone. No need to reply here. If you feel an
need to reply please send it to my email at: chefgloria1030@...
>
> Prayers are much appreciated!
> Thanks to everyone!
> Gloria
>








[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links




[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___