Tuesday, August 26, 2014

[Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends] Zucchini Pasta with Creamy Avocado Sauce and Shrimp - 17.5g Carbs, 8.75g Fiber, 5.8g Sugar

 

 Zucchini Pasta with Creamy Avocado Sauce and Shrimp - 17.5g Carbs, 8.75g Fiber, 5.8g Sugar From: notenoughcinnamon.com
This Zucchini Pasta with Creamy Avocado Sauce and Shrimps is kind of my new favorite lunch. I guess mostly because of the zucchini noodles. I mean, isn't it an amazing concept? All the pasta fun, none of the carbs. And since I'm on a low carb diet lately this is exactly what I need! You will basically always find zoodles in my fridge, ready to be eaten. To make them, I use my new favorite kitchen toy called a Spiralizer. Thanks to this amazing little tool, your zucchini pasta will be ready in no time – and you can use it with tons of other veggies too!
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 15 min
Serves: 2

10 oz cooked shrimps, peeled (weighted with shells)
2 medium zucchini, peeled

  >> For the sauce
1 avocado
the juice of 1/2 lemon
3 Tbsp coconut milk
1/4 tsp Tabasco
Salt, to taste

Using your Spiralizer, make zucchini noodles. If you don't have one, you can use a julienne slicer or a mandoline (but I've never tried myself).

Combine all the sauce ingredients in your food processor and process until smooth.

Scrape the edges of the bowl as needed.

Toss zucchini pasta with sauce, top with shrimps and serve.

Notes:
I like my zoodles raw but you can also cook the zucchini in a non-stick skillet with a little olive oil for about one minute or less.

The coconut milk gives a very subtle coconut flavor (I honestly can't taste it). You can sub it with another milk.

Serves: 2
Nutrition per Serving: 348 Calories, 21.7g Fat, 25.3g Protein, 17.5g Carbs, 8.75g Fiber, 5.8g Sugar

__._,_.___

Posted by: chefgloria1030@yahoo.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

.

__,_._,___