Sunday, July 15, 2012

[Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends] Greek Style Garlic Chicken Breast - 4g Carbs, 1.6g Fiber

 

Greek Style Garlic Chicken Breast - 4g Carbs, 1.6g Fiber

From: Allrecipes.com - Submitted By: Michael
"This recipe was passed down through my family for years. If you're
looking for a great tasting, tender chicken breast, this is what
you're looking for - Greek style."
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Ready In: 1 Day 35 Minutes
Servings: 4

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 lemon, juiced
2 tsp crushed garlic
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp black pepper
1/3 tsp paprika

1. Cut 3 slits in each chicken breast to allow marinade to penetrate.
In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt,
pepper, and paprika for about 30 seconds. Place chicken in a large bowl, and pour marinade over. Using your hands, work marinade into chicken. Cover, and refrigerate overnight.

2. Preheat grill for medium heat, and lightly oil grate.

3. Cook chicken on grill until meat is no longer pink and juices run clear.

Servings: 4
Nutrition per Serving:
644 Calories, 57.6g Total Fat, 68mg Cholesterol, 660mg Sodium,
4g Total Carbs, 1.6g Dietary Fiber, 27.8g Protein

User Reviews - -
eviewed on Apr. 15, 2005 by PROFKATHIE
This was the best grilled chicken recipe I have found!! I do not grill chicken because it comes out too dry. This recipe has changed that! Thank you. I followed others' advice about using 1/2 cup oil and doubling the lemon juice. I reserved some of the mixture and used it for asparagus. I left the asparagus in the marinade for an hour and then threw it on the top grate of the grill while the chicken was cooking. Excellent!

Reviewed on Jun. 16, 2007 by Martha and her daughter
This tasted great and was very easy. The only thing I would do differently, is take the chicken and marinade out of the refrigerator about 45 minutes before putting the chicken on the grill. The marinade "solidifies" in the refrigerator, and I think I would like it to become a liquid before grilling. I served it with Greek Pasta Salad III also on this site. A great easy meal. Thanks for the recipe!

Reviewed on Jan. 25, 2004 by FBA
This was OK but nothing special. I did bake the chicken instead of grilling it though, due to the colder weather. I thought it was a bit bland while my husband said he tasted the pepper more than the garlic. A hint, though, is to take the marinated chicken out ahead of time before cooking, as the olive oil solidifies in the frig.

Reviewed: Aug. 7, 2010 by Bonnie's Best
Absolutly the best chicken marinade I have ever tried. I did take the suggestions of other reviewers and increased the lemon and decreased the oil. I added additional garlic and paprika but to be honest I really don't think you can go wrong with different amounts of seasoning, The basic recipe is yummy as is. Thank you so much Michael for posting. No more bland chicken for me!

Reviewed: Nov. 7, 2009 by Giancarla
My family went crazy for the taste of this chicken. Marinating it for the full 24 hours is essential. However, the olive oil can be adjusted to less, maybe cut it in half and it is just as effective.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___