Sunday, September 6, 2015

Re: [Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends] Re: Moroccan Drumsticks with Yogurt Cucumber Feta Sauce

 

I use shiritaki noodles all the time. The resistant starches help the blood sugars. They smell bad at first but once you rinse them well they loose that smell. I don't buy the Miracle Noodle brand because I can get the same kind much cheaper at the local asian grocery outlet we have where I am.

Never heard of that baking mix though. Where did you buy that?

Darlene

On 06/09/2015 9:02 AM, 'Kathleen B. Simons' kathleen.bowen@gmail.com [Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends] wrote:
 
I just bought some 'noodles' made from yams and fermented to some degree....very low-carb...found them mentioned in a recipe at Dr. Hallberg's site, Fitter U...


I also bought a baking mix called Carbright and will let y'all know what I do with them all and how things turn out 

=====
Kathleen Bowen Simons
Lorton, Virginia


On Sun, Sep 6, 2015 at 11:20 AM, Darlene BC dsharple@shaw.ca [Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends] <Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

No problem. I did not think you were. I just wanted to get the nutritional info for my own use also. Mind you I will have to rework it myself when I use my home made yogurt. I ferment it for 24 hours to cut the carbs in it. A;ll the store bought are loaded with carbs.

Darlene

On 06/09/2015 4:47 AM, 'Kathleen B. Simons' kathleen.bowen@gmail.com [Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends] wrote:
 
Thanks!  I wasn't questioning you; I was just commenting in general on the recipe. Recipes that provide servings figures that don't match a norm for the item (i.e.; there are 8 drumsticks - people generally do not further divide single drummies....)

=====



__._,_.___

Posted by: Darlene BC <dsharple@shaw.ca>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (10)

.

__,_._,___