Write a Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce - 10.5g Carbs, 3.7g Fiber, 3.5g Sugars
Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce – turn cauliflower into creamy and delicious sauce with the addition of roasted garlic and Parmesan! Skip the cheese for a vegan option!
Prep time: 10 min // Cook time: 10 min // Total time: 20 min / / Makes: 3 cups of sauce
1 medium cauliflower head (4 cups of florets)
7 to 8 roasted garlic cloves
½ cup broth OR water reserved from cooking the cauliflower
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, optional but recommended
Dash salt and pepper, to taste
1. Cut cauliflower into florets. Place in a large pot and fill with water or broth or an equal mix of both. Cook the cauliflower until tender.
2. Remove from water and place on a large baking sheet. Let cool slightly before blending.
3. Place cauliflower, roasted garlic cloves, half of a cup of the cooking water or broth and cheese in a blender. Blend until smooth. Add more liquid if your sauce is too thick to your liking.
4. Taste the sauce and add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Use the sauce right away or pour into a jar. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Nutrition From: www.caloriecount.about.com
Omitting salt. Using no salt added chicken broth.
Servings: 4 // Serving Size: 207 g
Nutrition Per Serving: 137 Calories, 56 Calories From Fat, 6.2g Total Fat, 4.1g Saturated Fat, 0g Trans Fat, 20mg Cholesterol, 316mg Sodium, 457mg Potassium, 10.5g Total Carbs, 3.7g Dietary Fiber, 3.5g Sugars, 12.5g Protein
Vitamin A 4% - Vitamin C 114% - Calcium 29% - Iron 4%
Nutrition Grade: B+
Very high in calcium
High in dietary fiber
Very high in phosphorus
High in vitamin B6
Very high in vitamin C
High in saturated fat
Posted by: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|