Sunday, May 4, 2014

[Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends] Skillet Mexican Zucchini - 8g Carbs, 2g Fiber, 3g Sugar

 

Skillet Mexican Zucchini - 8g Carbs, 2g Fiber, 3g Sugar

From: Skinnytaste.com

This zucchini is incredibly delicious with a little bit of a Mexican kick from the jalapeno then topped with melted queso blanco. It's also easy and quick, a must try!

I'm a bit of a cookbook addict. It's a problem as I'm running out of room in my home for all my books, but that never stops me from buying new ones. But the biggest problem is that I kinda neglect them. But this weekend I was thumbing through the Aaron Sanchez's cookbook Simple Food, Big Flavor and I came across his Mexican recipe for zucchini. I can't get enough of zucchini in the summer.

You MUST try this! I only made a few tweaks using less oil, and and rather than making a cilantro pesto, I added Garden Gourmet cilantro paste and minced pickled jalapeno for kick. It totally exceeded my expectations.

Servings: 4  

1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 lb zucchini, diced
1 large tomato, cored, seeded and diced
1 green onion, thinly sliced
1 tbsp minced fresh cilantro or Garden Gourmet cilantro paste
1 tsp minced pickled jalapeno
1/2 cup crumbled queso blanco (or queso fresco, cotija or feta)
Fresh lime juice, to taste
Salt, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste

Cook the garlic in oil in a large skillet over medium heat 1 minute, stirring until sizzling. Add zucchini and cook stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes or until slightly softened. Add the tomato and green onion and cook about 3 minutes.

Remove skillet from heat and add cilantro paste, jalapemo and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste and top with queso blanco. Serve hot.

Servings: 4  
Nutrition per Serving: 102 Calories, 6g Fat, 17mg Cholesterol, 211mg Sodium, 5g Protein, 8g Carbs, 2g Fiber, 3g Sugar


__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

.

__,_._,___