Tuesday, March 10, 2015

[Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends] Avocado Zucchini Lime Salad - 9g Carbs, 3g Fiber

 

 Avocado Zucchini Lime Salad - 9g Carbs, 3g Fiber

From: ginnyslowcarbkitchen.blogspot.com
I was just looking through recipes that I had made and came across this one. I think I only made it once but I remember how good it was. I don't know why I didn't post it back then, but here it is for now. I think I have all the ingredients on hand too, so this will maybe be my lunch tomorrow along with some meat.                  

1/2 zucchini, made into spaghetti "pasta" with spiral slicer (if you don't have a spiral slicer, you can just slice ribbons of zucchini with a vegetable peeler).
1 avocado, peeled and chopped
1 roma tomato, chopped
1 tsp minced garlic, or more to your liking
1 Tbsp cilantro,or 2 Tbsp fresh
1 shallot, chopped
1/2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp lime juice

In medium serving bowl, combine zucchini pasta, chopped avocado, chopped tomato, minced garlic, chopped onion, and toss together. Drizzle olive oil over all and then lime juice and toss again.  (I did not really measure for either the oil or the lime.  I'm guessing at these amounts.  If you start with these measurements and add more if you like, you can judge for yourself how much you want.

Servings: 3
Nutrition per Serving: 148 Calories, 13g Fat, 70.9% calories from fat, 2g Protein, 9g Carbs, 3g Dietary Fiber


__._,_.___

Posted by: chefgloria1030@yahoo.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

.

__,_._,___